Available on IOS and Android tablet and smartphone.
Occupancy queue on tablet
How it works:
- Walk-in and appointment customers waiting to enter a store/space are shown on the left-hand side.
- The right hand side shows the store’s capacity and current occupancy against that capacity. Store teams can easily add and remove customers into the store capacity to track the number of customers in the space (like you might use a handheld metal tally counter).
- Customers can also be automatically added and removed from the occupancy tracker via integration with footfall counting devices.
- When “Enter” is pressed next for a walk-in and appointment customers (either via a store team member or through the customer checking themself in from their device) they are moved from the left hand side of the queue and their group size is accounted for within the store occupancy tracker on the right side.
- Customers joining the queue remotely can be told to join the queue or enter store straight away based on whether there is capacity.
Key use cases:
- Store entry/admission to a space or experience, particularly in cases where you want to track occupancy levels and you don’t need to track what customers do or who serves them within the store.
Occupancy on tablet - walk-in swipe actions
Occupancy queue on mobile