Understand how to use the Qudini virtual queuing and appointment booking software in compliance with strict Data Protection laws including GDPR.
1. About Qudini
Qudini offer a SaaS based platform that enables enterprise organizations with stores and contact centers to improve customer experience, to better manage their operations and to capture data on their business.
Our core solutions include: a virtual queue management system, appointment booking software, event booking software and task management software.
Our solutions capture customer data (name, mobile number and email address) to enable customers booking appointments, events or joining the virtual queue to receive SMS and email reminders about their service request. Employee details are also captured (name, mobile number and email) to provide them with logins to the platform to manage upcoming customer interactions and tasks.
Qudini act purely as a data processor to the clients using our software and as a SaaS supplier to some of the globe's leading enterprise brands; security and data protection are our top priority.
We're ISO27001 certified and we work consistently with our legal advisors and data protection officer to offer:
- System functionality that enables you to be fully GDPR compliant when accepting and handling customer data.
- Consultative ideas on how to use our software in compliance with GDPR through your dedicated account manager and our best-practice guides.
- Ability to customize how long customer personal data is stored (eg. a matter or minutes or days after the customer has completed their appointment/event/queuing experience).
- Ability to delete customer personal data while retaining anonymous derived data for analytics purposes.
- Highly flexible platform with pick-and-mix functionality to enable you to tailor how data is captured and used (eg. what data customers are asked to input and which messages to send).
- All our suppliers are vetted against ISO27001 and GDPR standards.
(more details available in our platform security pages documented below)
This page provides content to help you to understand how to use our platform in compliance with GDPR.
2. How to use Qudini in compliance with GDPR
A) Understand more about our solutions and data subjects
Download our best practice guide:
Read our best practice guide explaining some of the key requirements of GDPR and how to use our system functionality in compliance with GDPR when enabling customers to join the virtual queue or to book appointments. Contents includes:
- Explanation of GDPR and it's purpose
- Type of personal data that we collect and how it is stored (also detailed at the above link)
- What data is collected
- Customer consent requirements with regards to the transactional messages and how to gain these if you decide they're required
- Provisions of sending any marketing communications
- How to explain why data is being captured
- Ensuring GDPR compliant communications with customers by SMS and weblink
- Gathering additional customer data in compliance with GDPR
- Processing customer data in compliance with GDPR: storing and accessing records
3. Resource Content Table
A table of resources to enable you to ensure you use our platform in compliance with GDPR.