1) Creating Individual user accounts
Go to Venues > select a Venue > Venue Users
- In the Create User section at the top of the page, you are asked to input the following Details.
- Username - This field is mandatory. This must be a unique username and at least 5 characters long.
- Email - This field is mandatory. This is the email address that the Activation and Password reset emails will be sent to.
- Mobile Number - This field is optional. If you have Threshold Alerts set up on your account, you can trigger SMS alerts to the user’s phone.
- Employee ID - This field is optional. This information only appears within the user details in this section.
- Password - This field is mandatory. The password must be at least 8 characters long, contain a mixture of upper and lower case letters and numbers. If you do not wish to create passwords for the user, you can enable User Creates Password.
If you do not wish to create a password for the user, you can enable User Creates Password. See below.
- User Creates Password - Enabling this will send the user an activation email with a link that will let the user create their own password.
- Always Available - Enabling this means the user will not be required to input their shift hours when using Qudini. There are a number of reasons why you may want to enable this. (Learn more here).
- Read Only User - Enabling this means that a Venue admin user cannot edit or delete this user. This is typically enabled when creating a generic user login. For example, a shared Concierge login.
- Roles- These are the permission levels assigned to each user.
- Server - Enables the user to serve customers.
- Concierge - Gives the user the ability to see and manage customers and staff. This user can also manage Staff availability and breaks.
- Admin - Makes the user a Venue Admin user and can therefore access the settings for their venue and queues in order to manage staff. For example, they can add or remove venue users. A Venue Admin user can also receive store admin reports (learn more here) and view the Stats dashboard (learn more here) so that they can analyse performance.
- UI Permissions- This determines what interface the user is presented with when using Qudini on the app. However it will not affect the user interface for the desktop.
- Server (next enabled/disabled)- Only allows the user to see the queue and the customer they are currently serving.
- Next enabled - Allows the staff member to use the NEXT button, which will serve the next customer at the top of the queue.
- Next disabled - Hides the NEXT button so that staff members will need to click on the customer and open their details before serving them. This is also used when the Concierge allocates customers to staff members.
- Then click Add User.
- Once the user is created, they will appear in the Edit Users section.
- If you wish to change their default queue (for venues with more than one queue), you can select it from the dropdown list under Server Queue.
- If the user is a concierge, you’ll need to ensure that at least one queue is selected under Concierge Queues. See example:
Once the user is created, they will appear in the Edit Users section.
To edit users, you can click on their name, and edit any of the details in the pop-up box.
You can also enable or disable any of the features listed next to the user in this section.
Any changes made like this are automatically saved.
- Walk-In/Book - This option means that any walk-in availability set for that staff member will be replicated for their booking availability.
- Serve Queue - For venues with more than one queue, you can change the queue the user is assigned to serve in, via this dropdown option.
- Concierge Queues - If the user is a concierge, you must select at least least one queue from the dropdown. If you select two queues, this means the Concierge will be able to move between both of these queues.
- To remove users that have left your branch, click on their name in the list of users
- In the pop-up, press Delete user.
User accounts will be locked if they input the wrong password 5 times in a row.
- Users can unlock their accounts by requesting a password reset link on the login page, or by using this link: https://app.qudini.com/reset-password.
- A Venue Admin can send a user a password reset email by clicking on the user's account in the Edit Users section.
External Staff Details
If your venue has Allow Staff User Images, Allow Staff User Descriptions or Allow Staff User External Name enabled in the Venue Details (visible to Merchant Admins only), then you will see these additional options when you go to Edit User.
You can upload a photo, user description and customer-facing name that can be displayed on the:
- Online Booking Interface - Within the staff selection page to allow customers to book for a specific staff member.
- TV queue display (Staff Name only) - On the Now Serving section to allow customers to see the name of their assigned staff member.
- Email Notifications (Staff Name only) - When a staff member is assigned to a customer’s appointment, the staff name can be communicated to the customer.